With a system for a secure energy supply.
In the change of time
Foundation of P.S.D. Power Storage Deutschland GmbH with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main.
- First and sole distributor for the German-speaking region of Yuasa Battery Co.,Ltd. based in Japan.
- Establishment of our own dealer structure.
Introduction of the Powermatic own brand. Desktop and built-in chargers for VRLA accumulators.
Distribution right takeover
Acquisition of distribution rights for German-speaking countries from Shin Kobe Batteries(Hitachi), Japan.
Relocation of the site from Frankfurt am Main to Ober-Mörlen.
- Establishment of a small series production for customer-specific chargers.
Customized development and manufacturing
of microprocessor-controlled drive systems for wheelchairs.
- TÜV certification of our manufacturing facility in accordance with the Medical Products Act.
- Design, supply and market introduction of Shin KOBE HV lead-acid batteries as backup for the pitch system (blade pitch) in wind turbines.
Development of high-voltage chargers for wind turbines
Development and supply of 144VDC and 216VDC high-voltage chargers for charging lead-acid batteries for the pitch backup system (blade pitching) in wind turbines.
- Development and production of the new 19" DC emergency power systems in Rectifier module design with battery monitoring.
- Market launch of 19" and 23" front terminal accumulators for control cabinet construction in security and industrial installations.
Energy storage for WTG
Project planning, delivery and market launch of Panasonic LC-R or LC-P lead-acid batteries as backup for the pitch system (blade pitch) in wind turbines.
Backup system for WTG
Customized development, manufacturing and installation of a test emergency power system for the blade pitch system in a first off-shore wind turbine consisting of:
3 x 288VDC battery box system with novel heating system, new charging technology (MCS technology) with monitoring and readout software.
Special energy storage for WTGs
Cooperation with Panasonic and development of a special battery type series for the pitch backup system in wind turbines.
- Market launch of the new Panasonic WTV or WTP lead-acid batteries for wind turbines.
- Panasonic and P.S.D. sign a pan-European distribution agreement for the wind turbine market.
Expansion of the sales program to include pbq accumulators.
Introduction QA system
Certification by TÜV-SÜD according to ISO 9001:2008.
19″ DC UPS compliant EN54-4
Development, manufacturing and certification of DC UPS systems for fire alarm systems (BMA) compliant with EN54-4 for use in evacuation systems.
- VdS-monitored factory production control.
Relocation of the site to Usingen.
Changeover QS system
Conversion of the existing QS system to ISO 9001:2015. Certified by TÜV-SÜD.
Expansion of our sales program to include Leoch accumulators.